Four out of ten of the most popular international master’s degree programmes ranked by first-hand choices, are found at LUSEM. The Bachelor’s in International Business is the newest addition to the School’s programme portfolio, and is the top choice for international bachelor’s students.
The number one choice for master's students
For the eight consecutive year, the master’s programme with the most first-hand applicants – International Marketing and Brand Management – is given at Lund University School of Economics and Management. Of Sweden’s ten most popular international master’s degree programmes ranked by first-hand choices, four are found at LUSEM:
- International Marketing and Brand Management (899 first-hand applicants)
- Finance (794 first-hand applicants)
- Accounting and Finance (611 first-hand applicants)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (580 first-hand applicants)
The application numbers for the whole MSc programme portfolio are up in general.
The whole list of first-hand applicants for autumn 2017 MSc studies at LUSEM are the following:
- International Marketing and Brand Management (from 814 to 899 first-hand applicants) +10%
- Finance (from 619 to 794 first-hand applicants) +28%
- Accounting and Finance (from three tracks and 654 first-hand applicants to 611 first-hand applicants) -6,6%
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (from 441 to 580 first-hand applicants) +36%
- International Strategic Management (from 401 to 491 first-hand applicants) +22%
- Management (from 370 to 477 first-hand applicants) +29%
- Economics (from 396 to 475 first-hand applicants) +20%
- Managing People, Knowledge and Change (from 298 to 370 first-hand applicants) +24%
- Information Systems (from 206 to 306 first-hand applicants) +46%
- Economic Growth, Population and Development (from 182 to 286 first-hand applicants) +57%
- European and International Tax Law (from 129 to 127 first-hand applicants) -1,6%
- Innovation and Spatial Dynamics (from 49 to 62 first-hand applicants) +26%
- International Economics with a focus on China (from 49 to 58 first-hand applicants) +18%
"This development is a pure delight for all faculty, staff and students. The combination of excellent teachers and excellent students delivers high class education", says vice dean Kristina Eneroth.
New BSc programme on top
The Bachelor’s in International Business is the newest addition to the School’s programme portfolio, and is starting in the autumn of 2017. The programme is the top choice for international bachelor’s students, with 859 first-hand applicants.
For this new programme, there are twenty study seats in the international admission round, and 859 first-hand applicants – this is more than 50 percent more than for the second-most applied-for bachelor programme nationally.